Treating a Google Penalty: Do you have a manual action?
A Google penalty can be applied if Google believes that a website is not adhering to its Webmaster guidelines; it can come in two forms a 'Manual Action' or a 'Partial Match'. If Google has imposed a penalty this will be indicated in your Webmaster Tools account in the 'Manual Actions' link within the Search Traffic category.
A 'Manual Action' indicates that a domain is being manually suppressed by Google in the search results. With a 'Partial Match' the situation is similar; however this level of suppression is targeted and limited to specific pages or search terms.
Similar to treating the affects of a Penguin update, this process involves a 'link analysis and cleanse' and we're experts in resolving such issues. A penalty is typically resolved within a 3 month period and requires Google to undertake a manual review of your site; known as a reconsideration.
The three month service is available from £2,500 + VAT (£2,500 + VAT would be the price for all but exceptional cases). The work includes:
- Identifying backlinks pointing to your site using a variety of link resource tools, our own proprietary software and Google Webmaster Tools
- A manual link analysis link to identify unnatural links that are currently passing negative weight to the site
- Manually contact site owners to request link removal from sites deemed to be suspicious or toxic
- Preparing a disavow file for links that cannot be removed through manual methods
- Implement a disavow file to disassociate links that cannot be removed
- File a reconsideration request with Google via Webmaster Tools detailing the actions taken to resolve the penalty
- Continue to monitor and evaluate link profile to ensure any new links are in a healthy state
- Update disavow file as required
If your website has been affected by a Google Penalty then please call us on 0800 634 8283 to discuss how best your site can overcome this issue.
FREE SEO Review
We're able to analyse your website and sector to provide a free review and discuss how we can help you to increase the visibility of your business.
To find out more about how we can drive your campaigns forward call us on 0800 634 8283 or if you'd like us to contact you, please complete the form below and we'll get straight on it.